Wednesday, November 13, 2013

How to Seed a Pomegranate in Less Than a Minute!


If you are like me, you go crazy when you see this fall fruit start to hit the produce section of the grocery store.  You know Thanksgiving is around the corner and you can get your little mitts on this tasty, ruby red, super good for you, fruit. 

I have memories of plucking this tasty treat from the trees on my parents property when I was a little girl. My brothers ans sisters and I always knew we better change our clothes before attempting to pluck the sweet seeds from the fruit or prepare for the wrath of mom when we came home with stains on our clothes. I always thought there had to be a better way!

Ladies and gents I am super excited to share with you an EASY, minimal mess, fun, and dare I say kid friendly way to seed a pomegranate.  Now you will probably not want to do this in your favorite white tee, but you also will not have to go rain poncho style either!

Are you ready to learn how to seed a pomegranates in less than a minute?

1) Cut the pomegranate in half


2) Cut little slices (about 5) into the edges of pomegranate about 1/4 inch deep.


3) Place your first half face down on this super nifty tool ---> http://amzn.to/1bnApUk
OR you can hold it in your hand over a large bowl, or place it over an oven rack over a large bowl.


4) Now smack the top of your halved pomegranate with a heavy spoon or spatula.


5) Keep smacking/hitting the pomegranate until it flattens (this is why you do step #2)


6) Flip it over and check out the MAGIC.  Seriously if you have ever seeded a pomegranate by "hand" you know how amazing this new method is.


7) Lift up your bowl or super super nifty tool ---> http://amzn.to/1bnApUk and collect your ruby jewels!


8) When you go to do the other half, trim off the stem before hitting it with the spoon, otherwise it breaks off and flies in the air, nearly misses your eye, then falls into your seeds.... don't ask me why I know this. 


Now you have no excuse, you can enjoy this tasty treat in a flash!  


How do you like to enjoy pomegranate seeds?? 
I would love to hear from you, post a comment below.




1 comment:

  1. That looks so easy that I want to try it. Everytime I see these beautiful Pomegranites in the store lately, I want to buy some but thinking of the mess stops me. HAHA That tool is amazing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - if you do not have a Google ID or other type of ID from the drop down menu, choose the Name/URL option. Then just type your name (you can leave the URL area blank)

PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.