Thursday, August 29, 2013

Healthy Pasta Made From Zucchini

Spiralized Zucchini Pasta with Creamy Avocado Sauce 

I found this recipe for non pasta "pasta" at The Watering Mouth and knew I had to share.  But there was one problem, I don't have a spiral slicer!  Can you believe it?? I know I know.. I am sheltered...I have been DYING.. ok ok not dying, maybe just suffering mild anxiety feeling totally left out that I might be the only person left on the planet that does not have a spiral slicer!? 

But then I got the call....  It was fate that FINALLY after seeing this recipe I will have one of these majic slicer/kung fu/bad @ss kitchen gadgets in my hands. See this past Friday, August 23rd to be exact, was my birthday, and umm I celebrated the second anniversary of my 15.5 birthday... okok I turned 31, I don't know how that happened, but it did! So... my dear sis knows that I love to cook and asked me to tell her what new small gadet I would like to get for a gift this year.  HELLO, LIKE A SPIRAL SLICER O-M-G - in that totally valley girl voice and everything.  So there you have it, in just a few days this puppy will be mine ohh mine, move over potato peeler!


    


Spiralized Zucchini Pasta with Creamy Avocado Sauce Recipe
1 zucchini, spiralized
2 avocados
1/2 lemon, juiced
2-3 cloves garlic (or less, if desired), minced
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
salt and pepper to taste
Note, this step is optional: In a large saute pan over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add zucchini and stir frequently until desired consistency is reached.
In a large bowl, add avocado, lemon juice, garlic, remaining olive oil and salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until a creamy yet chunky consistency is reached. Serve the avocado sauce over the cooked zucchini.

Do you have a spiral slicer? what is your favorite things to make using the spiral slicer?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - if you do not have a Google ID or other type of ID from the drop down menu, choose the Name/URL option. Then just type your name (you can leave the URL area blank)

PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.